The following 2018 rental prices for our holiday cottage in Scotland are per week based on lets running Saturday to Saturday to correspond with the ferry timetable.
Peak Season – £750 per week
July and August
High Season – £625 per week
May, June and September
* Plus the School holidays at Easter, school half-term weeks at February, Whitson and October, Christmas and New Year holiday plus the Tiree Wave Classic week
Mid Season – £500 per week *
April and October
Low Season – £350 per week *
January, February, March, November and December
Weeks that part overlap two seasons, for example if the last Saturday of June (high season) to the first Saturday of July (peak season) splits somewhere during that week, then the whole week is charged at the higher season rental rate.
Please enquire about specific weeks and we can hold your week on a provisional basis (without deposit) for 7 days. For late bookings (rental starts within 4 weeks of your enquiry) and for all High / Peak Season enquiries, we are only able to offer a 48 hour provisional hold before either taking your confirmed booking and deposit payment or releasing the week due to high demand at these times.
Rates include the use of electricity for heating (reasonable usage) and cooking, bed linen and kitchen tea-towels. Please bring your own bath towels, beach towels, travel cot, high chair etc.
SHORT WINTER BREAKS
During January, February, March, November and December the cottage can be booked for a short break (excluding school-half term weeks, Easter holidays, Christmas and New Year weeks). During these months the cottage is available for:
• 2 night break – £250
• 3 night break – £275
• 4 night break – £300
We’ve already taken bookings for 2018 – the Summer Season fills up quickly so please book early to avoid disappointment. All bookings are Saturday to Saturday.
Please see availability calendar below and email your enquiry directly to us at email@example.com
NB. For most up to date availability please also check calendar at
PEAK SEASON - Weekend ferry crossings throughout July and August can get fully booked for cars several months in advance – please remember to book your ferry or flight (plus car hire) early for Peak Season bookings.
Letting Terms and Conditions
- Sorry, no pets.
- Strictly no smoking nor naked flames in or around the cottage under any circumstances.
- Maximum of 6 people (including children) staying in cottage – booking form must be completed.
- Only visitors named on the booking form are allowed to stay in cottage and strictly no additional third party use of the cottage facilities i.e. no camper vans, nor camping around the property.
- Sorry, no surf group bookings in the cottage.
- A refundable, breakages, excess cleaning & excess electricity deposit of £100 is payable when the booking is made. This will be repaid within 21 days of the end of your rental period, minus any costs for breakages, repairs, extra cleaning or excess electricity – there is a £30/week electricity fair usage allowance which is sufficient to meet your typical hot water, cooking and heating requirements via the electric wall fires (but excluding the storage heaters).
- We request that you leave the cottage as you’d expect to find it i.e. as clean and tidy as possible to help the changeover to run smoothly in the limited time available.
- The majority of our visitors treat our cottage with respect and do in fact make the effort to leave the cottage as clean and tidy as possible on departure which we really appreciate. However, due to recent high number of visitors leaving the cottage in an unsatisfactory state on departure, return of the full deposit now depends upon an email report from our housekeeper. If the report is that cottage was fine then the full deposit will be returned (minus any breakages/excess electricity charges if applicable – see point 6). However, if the cottage is left in an unsatisfactory state then we will email you a copy of the report together with any relevant photos and automatically deduct £50 from your deposit which will be paid directly to our housekeeper to cover the additional work required.
- Extra cleaning charges will be deducted from your £100 deposit, as outlined in point 6 and 8, if the cottage is left in an “unsatisfactory state” – this includes things like; dirty pots, pans, plates etc left around, washing up left out on drainer, food spillages not wiped up from fridge, cooker, grill, microwave, dining table and floors, sink left full of dirty/greasy water, foil lining from grill pan not throw in bin, rubbish left in house rather than wheelie bin at main gate, sandy floors and surfaces not swept out, soiled toilet left unflushed (yes it happens), kitchen / bathroom left dirty, dirty laundry left on beds or on floors rather than in laundry bin provided. This is not an exhaustive list and is intended to be indicative of what would be considered “unsatisfactory”.
- We ask you to take meter readings both on arrival and departure – you are more than welcome to use the storage heaters (although they’re only really required during the winter months) however extra electricity charges are likely to apply and will be deducted from your deposit refund as outlined in point 6.
- Any breakages or damage caused, in excess of the £100 breakages deposit, will be charged for and must be paid in full within 14 days of the end of your rental or as soon as appropriate repair / replacement estimates have been sourced accordingly.
- The preferred method of payment is Bank Transfer direct to our account.
- The full rental payment is due 12 weeks before your holiday date. At this stage you will have paid the full rental amount plus the refundable deposit.
- If your booking is made less than 12 weeks before your holiday date then the rental payment plus the refundable deposit amount are both payable in full at the time of booking.
- For “Late Availability” bookings, payment must be received in full and cleared prior to the start of your actual rental otherwise entry to the cottage will not be possible.
- Cancellation made before the 12 week rental payment due date will incur the loss of the £100 deposit paid at the time of booking.
- Cancellations made less than 12 weeks before your holiday date and after the deposit and the full rental payment has been paid will forfeit the £100 deposit. In addition, if you cancel less than 12 weeks before your holiday date any refund of the main balance will be at our discretion, dependent solely on whether we are able to re-rent the house for that same period – we will of course do our best to do so and will advertise the week(s) as late availability on our website and, if available, the Tiree Community website as well.
- We recommend that you take out holiday insurance and that you book the ferry (or plane + car hire) at the time of booking particularly for High and Peak season bookings.
Please click here to check the ferry timetable and contact Calmac Ferries
- Exit and entry times are fixed to allow enough cleaning time between lets so the cottage can be presented to the next party as they would expect to find it. On Saturday changeovers between March and October, the ferry arrives in Tiree at 11.00am therefore:
On date of arrival – Entry to the cottage after 1.00pm.
On date of departure - Please vacate cottage by 9.00am.
- All information provided both on this website and elsewhere, both prior to and after a booking is made, is given in good faith, and we will, as far as we’re reasonably able to, make sure it is as accurate as possible. However we shall not be liable for any damage or loss resulting from information given either orally or in writing.
- We will not accept any liability or responsibility for any accident or injury to you, your family or friends, or loss or damage to personal property, howsoever caused, during your stay at Machair Cottage.
- Please be advised that it is an old cottage and as such the stairs are fairly steep – please supervise young children accordingly.
- In the unlikely event that Machair Cottage, Heanish becomes uninhabitable for the whole duration of your rental period / at any point during your rental period due to storm damage, flood, fire or other unforeseen causes beyond our control, our responsibility and financial liability shall be limited to the return of the rental money received / pro-rata thereof – however, this does not include rental refunds in the event the ferry or plane is delayed or cancelled due to adverse weather conditions.
- The cottage is cleaned and maintained to a high standard however we cannot legislate for every eventuality / visitor activity outside of our control. Visitor activity such as cooking for example, which may lead to strong but temporary after-smells, would not render the cottage uninhabitable for the next visitor. Any claim to the contrary would have to be considered on an individual basis and rely on both the integrity of the visitor together with the opinion of our housekeeper as to whether or not any pro-rata refund of rental money was appropriate.
- We reserve the right to amend these conditions at any time and without notice. E&OE.
- The personal information collected on the Booking Form is to allow us to have a suitable record of who is staying at Machair Cottage. We may also use it to contact you in the future to make you aware of further availability of the cottage – please advise us if you do not wish to be contacted. We will not share or sell this information to any third party.
- Terms as of 1st January 2018 - these terms supersede all previous terms published on this website and those issued with all Booking Forms.